Vegan at Thanksgiving

The best way to enjoy being vegan at Thanksgiving or any holiday feast is to contribute. I find that by bringing home-cooked items I'm sure of what's in the food, I'm relieving the host of much of the work, and I'm sharing how easy and tasty it is to have a compassionate and healthful diet. I get lots of compliments and very few complaints. Carnivores are typically impressed by how creamy and flavorful foods can be without dairy and they're surprised when familiar well-loved dishes are "accidentally" vegan.

At my family's Thanksgiving, everything other than the turkey and its stuffing is vegan. We have a yummy Trader Joe’s Vegan Turkey-Less Stuffed Roast. I bring a soup, a variety of side dishes, and two different desserts. On the menu this year, "Thanksgivukkah": Corn Soup, Traditional Bread Stuffing, Potato Latkes & Applesauce, Sweet Potatoes & Apples, Blackened Brussels Sprouts, Garlic Broccoli Rabe, Apple Crumb Pie and Pumpkin Pie. Recipes are below for these and other dishes I've brought to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. See also "appetizer" and "picnic or potluck" for more recipes for entertaining.

Trader Joe’s Vegan Turkey-Less Stuffed Roast
Trader Joe’s Vegan Turkey-Less Stuffed Roast
SOUP


SIDE DISH


GRAVY


DESSERT

No comments:

Post a Comment