BYO Not DIY Vegan Cheese Pizza

My vegan pizza at Pizza Plus, Park Slope, Brooklyn
Before I went vegan, when I didn't feel like cooking, picking up a takeout pizza used to be so easy. Yeah, I can drive way up to Pizza Plus in Park Slope for their fabulous vegan pizza, and that's delicious but not at all convenient. 

It occurred to me that I could bring a package of Daiya mozzarella shreds to my own favorite neighborhood pizzeria and ask them to make me a large pie. Amazingly, they did! And it's great! I showed them the Pizza Plus takeout menu and explained how easy it would be to serve dairy-free pizzas and entrees, and how they'd attract all the vegan and lactose-intolerant customers in southern Brooklyn. Well, they didn't go for that, but at least I can get a vegan pizza whenever I want without having to make it myself. 

Sorry, I can't divulge the name of my pizzeria. I don't want them to get in trouble with the Department of Health. One counter guy said there's a rule against using food in their kitchen brought in by a customer, but the other counter guy said, "rules are made to be broken." And I say, "if you don't ask, you don't get." Go ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment